With just 10 minutes of prep, this hearty ham and lentil slow-cooker soup is the perfect winter warmer.
The ingredient of Ham and lentil slow-cooker soup
- 2 medium carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 (850g) ham hock
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 700g tomato passata
- 2 salt-reduced chicken stock cubes
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 80g baby spinach
- Crusty bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Ham and lentil slow-cooker soup
- Place carrot, celery, ham hock, onion, passata, stock cubes, lentils, thyme, bay leaves and 1.25 litres water in a slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours) or until lentils have softened and ham hock is tender.
- Transfer ham hock to a heatproof bowl. Remove and discard rind and bone. Using two forks, shred meat. Return ham to tomato mixture. Cook, covered, on HIGH for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach. Stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with extra thyme. Serve with bread rolls.
Nutritions of Ham and lentil slow-cooker soupcalories: 501.183 calories
calories: 13.1 grams fat
calories: 4.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 52.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.6 grams protein
calories: 50 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1913 milligrams sodium