This Turkey Noodle Soup is a delicious way to use those Christmas day leftovers.
The ingredient of Turkey noodle soup
- 250g flat rice noodles
- 2 cups leftover turkey meat, sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 roast turkey carcass (see tip)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cm-piece ginger, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 10 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Coles Brand brown sugar
The instruction how to make Turkey noodle soup
- To make the stock, combine turkey bones, onion, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, star anise, peppercorns and water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hr. Uncover and simmer for 30 mins or until liquid reduces slightly. Strain through a sieve into a clean saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Season with fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 mins, then drain. Divide among bowls. Add the sliced turkey. Ladle the hot stock into the bowls, and add top with mint, coriander, spring onion and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Turkey noodle soupcalories: