Beneath the knobbly pink-red skin of this Chinese fruit is a delicately sweet and super juicy flesh that’s perfect in summer desserts and tropical cocktails.
The ingredient of Lychees in ginger syrup
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 500g lychees, peeled
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Lychees in ginger syrup
- Stir the water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the ginger. Bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes or until the syrup thickens slightly. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place the lychees in a bowl. Pour over the syrup. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until chilled. Serve with vanilla ice-cream.
Nutritions of Lychees in ginger syrupcalories: 313.568 calories
calories: 74 grams carbohydrates
calories: 74 grams sugar
calories: 1 grams protein
calories: 2.35 milligrams sodium