A fantastic Greek delicacy of potato and garlic. Serve with chunks of bread, vegetables sticks, cured meat and olives.
The ingredient of Skordalia (potato and garlic dip)
- 650g coliban potatoes, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- Cracked black pepper, to serve
The instruction how to make Skordalia (potato and garlic dip)
- Cut potatoes into 5cm cubes. Place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Transfer potato to a bowl. Add garlic. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Meanwhile, use a fork to beat oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon juice and egg yolk in a jug. With the mixer on, gradually add oil mixture to potato and beat until well combined. Transfer to an airtight container. Press plastic wrap onto surface of dip. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spoon skordalia into bowls. Drizzle with oil and season with cracked black pepper. Serve as part of mezze plate.
Nutritions of Skordalia (potato and garlic dip)calories: 226.333 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 10 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 2 grams protein
calories: 4.83 milligrams sodium