Turn your favourite cocktail into dessert sorbet with a Thermomix at the ready.
The ingredient of Thermomix gin and tonic sorbet recipe
- 100g sugar
- 200g tonic water
- 200g tonic water, frozen into ice cubes
- 325g cucumber, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 25g lemon juice
- 70g gin
- 50g blanched almonds
- 30g unsalted butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 1 sprig fresh mint, leaves only
- 1 pinch salt
The instruction how to make Thermomix gin and tonic sorbet recipe
- Place sugar and tonic water into mixing bowl and cook 5 min/100C/speed 3. Transfer into a jug and set aside to cool (approx. 30 minutes).
- Place frozen tonic water, cucumber, lemon juice, gin and reserved cooled syrup into mixing bowl and mix 3 min/speed 4. Pour mixture, up to 4 cm high, into shallow freezable containers and cover with plastic wrap. Place into freezer until set (approx. 8 hours). Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Cut frozen gin mixture into pieces (approx. 4 cm). Place frozen gin pieces into mixing bowl and crush 30 sec/speed 9, then mix 30 sec/speed 4, mixing with aid of spatula. Transfer into a freezable container and place into freezer for a minimum of 3 hours or until set. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Make Lemon and mint tuile, if using: Preheat oven to 170C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place almonds into mixing bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place butter into mixing bowl and melt 2 min/70C/speed 2.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including reserved almonds, and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
- Divide mixture between prepared trays. Using spatula or the back of a metal spoon, spread out into a thin layer (approx. 1 mm). Bake for 10 minutes. Carefully cut or break into shards, then return tuiles to oven and bake for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely. Serve sorbet with tuiles.
Nutritions of Thermomix gin and tonic sorbet recipecalories: