In this variation of the bloody Mary, tequila replaces the vodka, and fresh tomatoes give the drink a lighter, fresher taste. If you’re feeling lazy, you can use 1 litre store-bought tomato juice instead. And feel free to add more tequila to taste!
The ingredient of Bloody Marias
- 750g roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, roughly chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) chilled tequila
- 180ml (3/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika (optional)
- 8 small stalks celery with leaves attached
- Ice cubes, to serve
The instruction how to make Bloody Marias
- Process tomatoes, cucumbers and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine the vegetable mixture, tequila and lemon juice in a jug. Add the Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces and paprika, if using, then stir well to combine.
- Place celery stalks in 8 glasses and half-fill with ice cubes, then pour in bloody Maria. Top with a little freshly ground black pepper and serve with agrodolce olives.
Nutritions of Bloody Mariascalories: