The cheesy pastry makes these ratatouille-filled tarts extra special.
The ingredient of Parmesan & ratatouille tarts
- 1kg (4 cups) ratatouille, thawed (see related recipe)
- 80g goats cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 125g chilled butter, cubed
- 40g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
- 2-3 tablespoons chilled water
The instruction how to make Parmesan & ratatouille tarts
- To make the pastry, place the flour and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the parmesan and water and process until dough just comes together. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until just smooth.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Divide pastry into 6 portions. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out 1 portion to a 3mm-thick disc. Line a round 3cm-deep, 8cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin, with removable base, with pastry. Trim excess. Use a fork to prick the base of the pastry. Repeat with remaining pastry. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to rest.
- Place pastry cases on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, place the ratatouille in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Divide the ratatouille among the pastry cases. Top with goats cheese and basil to serve.
Nutritions of Parmesan & ratatouille tartscalories: 494.252 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 42 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 275.56 milligrams sodium