This is a fabulous breakfast juice or pre-dinner drink - its a non-alcoholic version of the more potent "bloody Mary" cocktail.
The ingredient of Red hot shot
- 400g ripe tomatoes, chilled
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 drops red Tabasco pepper sauce
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Ice cubes
- 2 celery sticks with leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Red hot shot
- Use a juice extractor to process the tomatoes. Transfer to a jug. (Alternatively, place the tomatoes in the jug of a blender and blend until pureed. Strain through a sieve into a jug. Discard seeds and skin.)
- Combine the tomato juice (you will need 300ml), water, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco in a cocktail shaker. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the ice cubes, cover with the lid and shake well until chilled.
- Strain the tomato mixture into 2 serving glasses. Garnish with celery sticks and lemon wedges, and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Red hot shotcalories: 38.24 calories
calories: 0.5 grams fat
calories: 5.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams protein