Wow your guests with tropical flavours at any time of year, with this delectable seafood cocktail recipe.
The ingredient of Tropical seafood cocktail
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 lemongrass stem (pale part only), finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 150g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 300g small cooked prawns, peeled
- 1 small cooked lobster, halved, meat cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g fresh crabmeat (see note)
- 1/4 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Extra mint leaves, to serve
- Extra lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Tropical seafood cocktail
- Place coconut milk in a pan with ginger, lemongrass and half the chilli. Bring to the boil over medium heat, then simmer over low heat for 2 minutes or until thickened (it will be quite thick). Set aside for 30 minutes to infuse, then strain into a large bowl, pressing down well on solids. Discard solids, then stir in yoghurt, mint, lime zest and juice, and remaining chilli.
- Add the prawns, lobster and crabmeat to the bowl with the coconut dressing and toss to coat well. Divide the lettuce among 6 chilled serving glasses, top with the seafood mixture and garnish with extra mint and wedges of lime.
Nutritions of Tropical seafood cocktailcalories: