Try these fish patties with a Thai-style twist. Dont forget the cucumber dipping sauce!
The ingredient of Red curry fish patties with cucumber sauce
- 1kg skinless redfish fillets, coarsely chopped
- 70g (1/4 cup) red curry paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 bunch snake beans, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, centre vein removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Red curry fish patties with cucumber sauce
- Place fish, curry paste and egg white in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add beans and lime leaves, and stir until combined. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Use wet hands to shape portions into 4cm patties.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half the patties and cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining patties, reheating pan between batches.
- To make the cucumber sauce, combine sugar and rice vinegar in a small bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Add water, fish sauce, cucumber and chilli, and stir until combined.
- Arrange the patties on a serving platter and serve immediately with the cucumber sauce.
Nutritions of Red curry fish patties with cucumber saucecalories: 135.513 calories
calories: 2 grams fat
calories: 0.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 5.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33 grams protein