The ingredient of Roast beetroot and garlic dip
- 6 pita pockets
- light olive oil spray
- 1 bunch beetroot
- 1 head garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Roast beetroot and garlic dip
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Cut each pitta pocket into 8 triangles. Lay in a single layer over 2 baking trays. Spray lightly with the olive oil spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Cut the stems and leaves off the beetroot, leaving 2 to 3cm attached. Wash beetroot, place into a baking dish, and cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Add the garlic, then cover and bake for a further 30 minutes or until the skin peels away from the beetroot when rubbed with your fingers. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, dry-roast the coriander and cumin in a small non-stick frypan over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Put on rubber gloves and peel the beetroot. Cut the top off the garlic and squeeze the roasted garlic flesh into a food processor. Add the beetroot, spices, lemon juice, and oil. Process until almost smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature with pitta chips.
Nutritions of Roast beetroot and garlic dipcalories: