These meat-free Little Onion Tarts are a delicious starter for your next evening with guests.
The ingredient of Little onion tarts
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (50g) grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme, plus extra small sprigs to garnish
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Little onion tarts
- Whiz flour and cheese in a processor with 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Add 100ml oil and 2 tablespoons water. Process to coarse crumbs. Turn out onto a floured bench and use hands to form into a smooth ball. Enclose in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a pan over low heat. Cook onion, capsicum and chopped thyme, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes until softened. Add sugar and vinegar and stir for 10 minutes or until slightly caramelised.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Roll pastry on a floured surface to 5mm thick. Use a 6cm pastry cutter to cut 20 rounds. Place on a baking tray and prick with a fork. Cover with baking paper and another tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove top tray and paper. Top tarts with onion and thyme sprigs, then bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve warm as a canape.
Nutritions of Little onion tartscalories: