Slightly sweet capsicum with asparagus and ricotta cheese is a fabulous filling for gourmet tarts.
The ingredient of Asparagus, capsicum and ricotta tarts
- 2 sheets (25 x 25cm) ready-rolled frozen shortcrust pastry, just thawed, halved diagonally
- 1 red capsicum, quartered, deseeded
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 45g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
The instruction how to make Asparagus, capsicum and ricotta tarts
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line four 2.5cm-deep, round 8.5cm (base measurement) fluted tart tins, with removable bases, with pastry and trim any excess. Prick the bases all over with a fork. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place capsicum and onion on prepared tray and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until tender. Cut capsicum lengthways into thick strips.
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
- Place the ricotta and parmesan in a bowl and stir until well combined and smooth. Add the chives and stir to combine. Taste and season with pepper.
- Bake the pastry cases in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Spoon ricotta mixture among pastry cases and top with asparagus, onion and capsicum. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with vinegar. Serve immediately
Nutritions of Asparagus, capsicum and ricotta tartscalories: 475.132 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 40 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 14 grams protein
calories: 568.1 milligrams sodium