Serve these oat biscuits with quality cheese and ripe pears for a cheese platter that is sure to impress.
The ingredient of Oat biscuits served with blue vein cheese & pears
- 3 pears (like Beurre Bosc, Josephine or Packham), to serve
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 150g creamy blue vein cheese (like Blue Castello), to serve
- 175g (2 cups) instant Oats
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 60mls (1/4 cup) water
The instruction how to make Oat biscuits served with blue vein cheese & pears
- To make the oat biscuits, preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix well. Add the butter and water and stir mixture with a round-bladed knife until combined. Bring the mixture together with your fingertips to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Roll one portion out on a lightly floured surface to about 5mm thick. Use a 6cm-round fluted cutter to cut out biscuits and then place them on the lined baking trays. Repeat with the remaining portion of dough. Place the biscuits in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Bake the biscuits in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and cool on the trays.
- Just before serving, core the pears and cut into thin wedges. Toss with the lemon juice to prevent discolouring. Serve the oat biscuits with the pear wedges and blue vein cheese.
Nutritions of Oat biscuits served with blue vein cheese & pearscalories: