These arancini are oven baked, rather than deep-fried, for a healthier cocktail party treat.
The ingredient of Oven-baked pea and prosciutto arancini
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel chicken style or vegetable liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 prosciutto slices, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (220g) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (80g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 250ml PHILADELPHIA Light Cream For Cooking, a cream alternative
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (90g) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Oven-baked pea and prosciutto arancini
- Bring the stock to boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and keep at a gentle simmer.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, prosciutto and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes or until grains appear slightly glassy. Add a ladleful of stock and cook, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until the liquid is completely absorbed. Add the remaining stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring continuously, allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender yet firm to the bite and the risotto is creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peas, parmesan and half the PHILLY. Stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until risotto is firm.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Using wet hands, roll 1 tablespoonful of risotto mixture into a ball. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining risotto.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip a risotto ball in the flour to lightly coat, then dip in egg. Coat in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess. Place on a lined tray. Continue with remaining risotto balls. Lightly spray with oil spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- Combine the dill, lemon juice and remaining PHILLY in a small bowl. Place the arancini on a serving platter and serve immediately with the dill dipping sauce.
Nutritions of Oven-baked pea and prosciutto arancinicalories: