Creamy bocconcini is golden fried for an enticing crunch, and served with a spicy tomato dip.
The ingredient of Crispy bocconcini with tomato chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- 220g tub baby bocconcini cheese, drained
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Crispy bocconcini with tomato chilli sauce
- Make Tomato chilli sauce: Place tomato, garlic, chilli, sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Using a stick blender, blend tomato mixture until almost smooth.
- Place flour on a plate. Pour egg into a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan on a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Dip 1 bocconcini into flour to coat. Dip into egg, then coat in breadcrumb mixture. Re-dip in egg, then breadcrumbs. Place onto a baking paperlined tray or plate. Repeat with remaining bocconcini. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Preheat oven to 120u00b0C/100u00b0C fan-forced. Carefully add bocconcini, 1 at a time, to hot oil. Deep-fry bocconcini in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray lined with paper towel. Keep warm in the oven. Serve with Tomato chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Crispy bocconcini with tomato chilli saucecalories: 197.892 calories
calories: 9.1 grams fat
calories: 3.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 19.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9.2 grams protein
calories: 56 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 396 milligrams sodium