Fry these golden prawns and then serve them on a bed of crispy Asian slaw.
The ingredient of Salt & pepper prawns with Asian slaw
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 20 green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage (wombok), shredded
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin batons
- 1/2 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
The instruction how to make Salt & pepper prawns with Asian slaw
- To make the Asian slaw, place the cabbage, carrots and mint leaves in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, stir together the lime juice, sugar and soy sauce. Add to the vegetables and toss well to combine. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Place the five-spice powder in a bowl with 1 tablespoon fine salt and 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper. Add the prawns and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small saucepan.
- When hot, add the prawns in batches and fry until just changed in colour. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel, then serve with the Asian slaw.
Nutritions of Salt & pepper prawns with Asian slawcalories: 651.275 calories
calories: 62 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 520.41 milligrams sodium