This rhubarb spritz is the perfect drink to start an alfresco lunch.
The ingredient of Rhubarb spritz
- 1 bunch (450g) rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 750ml bottle prosecco (Italian sparkling wine) or other sparkling white wine
The instruction how to make Rhubarb spritz
- Place rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and 1/2 cup (125ml) water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until rhubarb is starting to collapse. Transfer to a sieve lined with muslin or a clean Chux cloth set over a bowl. Set aside for 2 hours for the liquid to drain (donu2019t press the rhubarb through the sieve or the cordial will go cloudy). Chill cordial until ready to serve. (It will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.) Reserve cooked rhubarb to serve as a breakfast compote with yoghurt.
- To serve, pour 1/4 cup (60ml) cordial into each of 6 Champagne glasses and top with chilled prosecco.
Nutritions of Rhubarb spritzcalories: 249.994 calories
calories: 0.1 grams fat
calories: 40.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.9 grams sugar
calories: 0.3 grams protein
calories: 8 milligrams sodium