Celebrate Christmas in July with this beautiful cocktail.
The ingredient of Hot brandy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) brandy
- Ground nutmeg or cinnamon, to dust
The instruction how to make Hot brandy cream
- Use a small sharp knife to split the vanilla bean in half lengthways. Scrape the seeds into a medium saucepan. Add the milk and vanilla bean pod and bring to a simmer over high heat. Remove and discard the vanilla bean pod.
- Meanwhile, place the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Use a wire balloon whisk to whisk until the mixture is thick and pale. Gradually add the milk mixture, stirring constantly until well combined.
- Place the mixture in a clean saucepan. Place over low heat and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until thick and creamy (do not let the mixture boil). Remove from heat and stir in the brandy.
- Strain the mixture into a large jug. Pour among serving glasses and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon to serve.
Nutritions of Hot brandy creamcalories: 296.121 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 53.39 milligrams sodium