The ingredient of Sparkling shiraz sangria
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brandy
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) orange juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 x 750ml btl sparkling shiraz, chilled
- 2 cups (500ml) soda water, chilled
The instruction how to make Sparkling shiraz sangria
- Use a zester to remove rind from 1 of the oranges and 1 of the lemons. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith. Cut rind into very thin strips).
- Juice the orange and lemon and reserve the juice. Add enough orange and lemon juice so you have 1 1/2 cups and 1/3 cup respectively. Thinly slice remaining orange and lemon and set aside.
- Combine rind, sugar, water and cinnamon in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Transfer to a jug and place in the fridge to chill.
- Combine chilled syrup, brandy, juices and reserved sliced orange and lemon in a large jug or serving bowl. Add wine and soda water and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Sparkling shiraz sangriacalories: 164.193 calories
calories: 19 grams carbohydrates
calories: 19 grams sugar
calories: 1 grams protein
calories: 26.96 milligrams sodium