A mocktail perfect for an Asian-inspired dinner party or a refreshing drink for friends on a summers day.
The ingredient of Lemongrass, ginger and lime crush
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup coconut water, chilled
- 1 litre ginger beer
- 4 cups ice, crushed
- 8 sprigs fresh mint
The instruction how to make Lemongrass, ginger and lime crush
- Place sugar and 1 1/2 cups water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Cut each lemongrass stalk into 4 long pieces. Add to saucepan. Bring to the boil. Simmer, without stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool completely.
- Combine lime juice, cooled sugar syrup (with lemongrass), coconut water and ginger beer in a jug. Divide ice among serving glasses. Add a sprig of mint to each glass. Pour lemongrass mixture over ice. Stir well. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Lemongrass, ginger and lime crushcalories: