Serve this creamy chicken liver pate with little toasts as an elegant finger food.
The ingredient of Chicken liver pates
- 100g speck* or pancetta, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 500g chicken livers, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 225g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 8 water crackers, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 175g unsalted butter
- 1/2 bunch sage, leaves picked
- Mini toasts, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken liver pates
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat and fry the speck for 2-3 minutes until fat renders. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until onion softens. Transfer to a plate.
- Return pan to high heat, add the oil and cook the livers for 2-3 minutes each side - they should still be pink in the middle. Add brandy and cook until liquid has evaporated. Season and cool.
- Process speck mixture, livers, cheese, chopped herbs, biscuits and juice in a food processor until smooth. Pack into small serving dishes (or a 1-litre dish), then cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat butter in a frypan over medium heat and cook sage leaves until crisp. Cool slightly and pour over pate, dividing sage leaves evenly and leaving milky residue from butter in pan. Refrigerate until butter sets, then serve with toasts.
Nutritions of Chicken liver patescalories: