For the ultimate snack try this tasty popcorn tossed with crispy bacon and parmesan cheese.
The ingredient of Popcorn with bacon and parmesan
- 200g streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 x 45g piece Parmesan cheese
The instruction how to make Popcorn with bacon and parmesan
- Heat a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring as the fat renders, for about 5 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Pour the bacon fat into a small bowl, leaving the brown solids behind. Reserve the bacon fat.
- Heat a large heavy pot over medium-high heat until hot. Add the oil and popping corn and cover the pot. Once the kernels begin to pop, using pot holders, shake the pan constantly over the heat as the corn pops for about 5 minutes, or until all the corn has popped.
- In a large bowl, toss the popcorn with the bacon, reserved bacon fat, and the salt. Using a Microplane grater, finely grate most of the parmesan over the popcorn and toss to coat. Grate more cheese on top and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Popcorn with bacon and parmesancalories: 262.9 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams protein