Even the big kids will love frankies in blankies! Sausages in puff pastry are the perfect party food.
The ingredient of Frankfurts in blankets
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 24 cocktail frankfurts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Tomato sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Frankfurts in blankets
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 8 x 3cm-wide strips. Lightly press a little cheese onto pastry strips.
- Thread each frankfurt onto a skewer. Starting from the top, wrap 1 pastry strip, cheese-side in and overlapping, around each frankfurt. Place seam-side down on prepared tray. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with a little remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed (see notes). Serve with tomato sauce.
Nutritions of Frankfurts in blanketscalories: 144.595 calories
calories: 8.7 grams fat
calories: 4.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 11.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.3 grams protein
calories: 22 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 377 milligrams sodium