The perfect crowd-pleasing dessert. This recipe will serve 20 guests.
The ingredient of Strawberry liqueur jelly
- 2kg strawberries, hulled, chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 cups caster sugar
- 3/4 cup gelatine powder
- 3/4 cup orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- Double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Strawberry liqueur jelly
- Divide strawberry between 2 large heatproof bowls. Place over 2 large saucepans of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat.
- Line 2 sieves with muslin and place over 2 large bowls. Divide strawberry mixture evenly between sieves. Set aside for 3 to 4 hours, or until all liquid has drained through (do not press or stir as this will produce cloudy jelly). Discard remaining pulp from sieves.
- Combine all the strawberry liquid, 1/2 cup lemon juice, caster sugar and 8 cups cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Using a fork, combine gelatine and 1 cup cold water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir with a fork until mixture is clear. Add hot gelatine mixture to hot strawberry mixture. Add orange liqueur. Mix well.
- Three-quarter fill cups with mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or until set. Top with dollop of cream and serve.
Nutritions of Strawberry liqueur jellycalories: 209.364 calories
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 26.75 milligrams sodium