Perfect for parties, picnics or barbecues, you can make these baked curry pastry bites ahead of time and keep in the freezer until the big bash.
The ingredient of Lamb rogan josh samosas recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm-piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (or to taste)
- 800g lamb shoulder, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 6 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 130g (1/2 cup) natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
The instruction how to make Lamb rogan josh samosas recipe
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes or until onions are golden brown and soft. Add cardamom, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, paprika, garam masala and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until combined.
- Add lamb. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until starts to brown. Add 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water. Mix until well combined. Cover, reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 2 hours. Remove lid. Simmer for a further 30 minutes or until lamb is fork tender and sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer lamb pieces and whole spices to a large bowl, reserving sauce. Discard cinnamon and cardamom. Use 2 forks to shred lamb then transfer back to sauce. Place over medium-high heat then stir through cornflour mixture. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make raita, place all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Use a 12cm round pastry cutter (or a similar-sized bowl or plate and use a knife to cut around the edges) to cut 24 discs from pastry dough. Cut each disc in half to make a semicircle. Place 1 heaped tablespoonful of lamb mixture in centre of pastry dough. Fold dough over to enclose the filling and make a triangle shape. Press edges of dough with a fork to seal then transfer to prepared trays. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to chill.
- Brush tops of samosas with egg and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with the herb raita, lime wedges and extra coriander and mint.
Nutritions of Lamb rogan josh samosas recipecalories: 71.222 calories
calories: 18.1 grams fat
calories: 8.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 20.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11.6 grams protein