These little Asian-style scallops look beautiful presented on their original shells.
The ingredient of Scallops in the shell with Asian dressing
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see Notes)
- 24 scallops with roe on the shell (see Notes)
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
The instruction how to make Scallops in the shell with Asian dressing
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over low heat, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the crushed garlic, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, palm sugar and stock, and simmer for 5 minutes or until nearly all the stock has reduced. Set aside.
- Remove the scallops from their shells, scrub the shells and dry with paper towel. Pan-fry or barbecue the scallops for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked through. Return to the shells, pour over a little sauce and garnish with coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Scallops in the shell with Asian dressingcalories: 21.51 calories
calories: 1 grams fat
calories: 2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 2 grams protein
calories: 98.19 milligrams sodium