The ingredient of Little seaweed tarts
- 2 sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 125g light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 100g chopped ham
- 3/4 cup (185ml) vegetable oil
- 1 head bok choy, very finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
The instruction how to make Little seaweed tarts
- Preheat the oven to 190u00b0C.
- Use a 7cm-cutter to cut 12 rounds from each pastry sheet. Use them to line two 12-hole patty pan trays (each hole should be 6cm across). Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place cream cheese, mayonnaise and eggs in a food processor and process to combine. Transfer to a jug, add the chives, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chopped ham between patty pans, then fill with the cheese mixture and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, for the seaweed topping, heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over high heat. When very hot, deep-fry the bok choy for 30 seconds or until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with the caster sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, then arrange on top of the tarts just before serving.
Nutritions of Little seaweed tartscalories: