Finish your festive feast with a show-stopping mango cake based on everyones favourite tropical cocktail - the pina colada.
The ingredient of Mango colada fridge cake
- 250g mascarpone
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp, strained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Malibu coconut rum (optional u2013 see tip)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pineapple juice
- 12 savoiardi sponge finger biscuits
- 1 mango, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 120g fresh raspberries
- 1 mango, extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- Passionfruit pulp, extra, to serve
- Mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Mango colada fridge cake
- Line the base and sides of a 7cm-deep, 9cm x 21cm straight-sided loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing sides to overhang.
- Place mascarpone, sugar, lime juice, half the cream and half the passionfruit pulp in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined and mixture thickens slightly.
- Combine rum, pineapple juice and remaining passionfruit pulp in a shallow bowl. Dip 1 biscuit in the rum mixture and turn to coat. Place in the prepared pan. Repeat with rum mixture and 3 of the remaining biscuits. Spoon over half of the mascarpone mixture and top with half the chopped mango and raspberries.
- Repeat with the rum mixture, 4 of the remaining biscuits, remaining mascarpone mixture and remaining chopped mango and raspberries. Soak remaining biscuits in the remaining rum mixture. Arrange over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 6 hours to set.
- Carefully turn the cake onto a serving platter and remove plastic wrap. Use a small palette knife to smooth the sides.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the remaining cream in a bowl until firm peaks form. Spoon over the top of the cake. Arrange the sliced mango on top. Drizzle with extra passionfruit pulp and sprinkle with mint leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Mango colada fridge cakecalories: 346.55 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 16 grams saturated fat
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams protein