This homemade Grissini bread is served with a delicious oven-roasted capsicum dip.
The ingredient of Homemade grissini with red capsicum dip
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 large red capsicums, cut into large flat pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Homemade grissini with red capsicum dip
- Combine water with yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl. Stand for 10 mins until frothy. Place flour in a large bowl and make a well in centre. Pour in yeast mixture, stir with wooden spoon. Gather together with hands until it forms a ball. Turn out onto a slightly floured surface, knead dough for 5 mins until smooth. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or clean tae towel. Stand in a warm place for 30 mins until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Punch down dough to expel the air and knead again for a couple of minutes until smooth. Take a tablespoon of the dough and roll into a thin sausage shape about 20cm long until you have about 20 sticks.
- Place dough sticks on prepared trays. Brush with water and sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds. Bake for about 25 mins until crisp and golden. Cool grissini on a wire rack.
- To make Dip: Place capsicum pieces, skin side up under the grill and cook until skin is black. Cool in a plastic bag then peel off skin. Place flesh into a food processor with remaining dip ingredients and process until almost smooth. Season to taste with salt. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove from fridge about 20 mins before serving to take off the chill.
Nutritions of Homemade grissini with red capsicum dipcalories: