Nothing refreshes on a hot summer day like icy-cold ginger cordial.
The ingredient of Ginger cordial
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup (80g) caster sugar
- 7cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced crossways
- Ice cubes, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Chilled tea or soda water, to serve
The instruction how to make Ginger cordial
- Use a peeler to peel the rind from the lime, then juice the lime.
- Place the sugar, ginger, lime rind, lime juice and 1.5 litres water in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Strain into a large jug. Place in the fridge to chill. Discard the ginger and zest and lime rind. To serve, place some cordial in a glass with a few ice cubes and lime wedges. Pour over chilled tea or soda water to serve.
Nutritions of Ginger cordialcalories: 94.405 calories
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 4.22 milligrams sodium