This sweet twist on a classic cocktail is finished with a scoop of citrus ice-cream.
The ingredient of Watermelon caprioska salad
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vodka
- 600g peeled seedless watermelon, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 scoops Connoisseur Absolute Lemon ice-cream
The instruction how to make Watermelon caprioska salad
- Use a zester to remove the rind from the limes. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel the rind from limes. Use a small sharp knife to remove the white pith from the rind. Cut the rind into very thin strips.)
- Combine the lime rind, lime juice, sugar and vodka in a large bowl. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the watermelon and mint to the vodka mixture. Gently stir to combine, being careful not to break up the watermelon. Set aside for 5 minutes to macerate.
- Divide the watermelon and syrup among serving glasses. Top with the ice-cream and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Watermelon caprioska saladcalories: 173.036 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 2 grams protein
calories: 20.72 milligrams sodium