A dollop of creme fraiche and horseradish cream on top of these smoked salmon bites make for a delicious canapé.
The ingredient of Pea and corn fritters with hot smoked salmon
- 145g (1 cup) frozen corn kernels
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 50g (1/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 90g (1/3 cup) creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 200g hot smoked salmon, coarsely flaked
- Dill sprigs, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Pea and corn fritters with hot smoked salmon
- Cook the corn and peas in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Whisk together the flour and egg in a medium bowl. Gradually add the milk and whisk to combine. Add the pea mixture and chives and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spoon six 1-tablespoonful quantities of batter into the pan, allowing room for spreading. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden underneath and bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 30 seconds or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter and oil in 3 more batches.
- Combine creme fraiche and horseradish in a small bowl. Place fritters on a serving platter and dollop with creme fraiche mixture. Top with smoked salmon and dill sprigs. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutritions of Pea and corn fritters with hot smoked salmoncalories: 60.945 calories
calories: 3.7 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 4.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 0.8 grams sugar
calories: 3.2 grams protein
calories: 16 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 8 milligrams sodium