Enjoy your favourite cocktail as a fresh fruity dessert with these delicious mango and coconut margarita bites.
The ingredient of Mango margarita bites
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coconut milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 300ml ctn pouring cream, whipped until soft peaks
- Pink rock salt, to decorate
- Chilli powder, to decorate
- Finely grated lime rind, to decorate
- 500g mango flesh (about 3-4 large mangoes)
- 60g (1/3 cup) icing sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) tequila (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 11/2 tablespoon triple sec liqueur or Cointreau (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder
The instruction how to make Mango margarita bites
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 20 x 30cm slice pan and line with baking paper.
- Sift the flours into a bowl and stir in the coconut and sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add the butter, coconut milk and egg. Stir to combine. Spread mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden and firm to a gentle touch. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the mango topping, process the mango, icing sugar, tequila, lime juice and triple sec until smooth. Place 60ml (1u20444 cup) water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle with gelatine. Set aside for 2 minutes to soften. Microwave on High for 20 seconds, until hot. Whisk with a fork to dissolve the gelatine. Cool slightly. Add to the mango mixture and process briefly to combine. Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes, until thickened but not set.
- Line the slice pan again with baking paper, extending over the 2 long sides. Place the coconut cake, upside down, into the pan. Spread the mango mixture over the cake and smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Lightly crush the salt, along with a tiny pinch of chilli, in a mortar and pestle. Use the paper to lift the slice from the pan. Cut into 24 squares. Pipe or spoon the whipped cream onto each square. Sprinkle chilli salt over the top. Scatter over the lime rind.
Nutritions of Mango margarita bitescalories: