The ingredient of Prawn cocktail with lemon & basil aioli
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 20 cooked king prawns, peeled, leaving tails intact
- 1 garlic head (about 10 cloves)
- 1 cup (250ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
The instruction how to make Prawn cocktail with lemon & basil aioli
- To make the aioli, preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Drizzle the garlic with a little olive oil. Wrap in foil and roast for 30 minutes. Unwrap and set aside to cool. Squeeze the flesh from the skin onto a chopping board. Sprinkle with salt and mash to a paste. Place the egg and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a blender and blend until well combined. Gradually add the oil in a thin stream until thick and creamy. Stir in the garlic paste and remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2/3 cup of the aioli in a small bowl. Add the basil and stir until well combined.
- Divide the lettuce among martini glasses or serving glasses. Arrange the prawns on top of the lettuce and top with a dollop of the basil aioli.
Nutritions of Prawn cocktail with lemon & basil aiolicalories: 617.576 calories
calories: 59 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 197 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 385.89 milligrams sodium