This vegetarian pate is perfect for cocktail parties. Best of all, its ready in a jiffy so you can prepare it at the last minute.
The ingredient of Mushroom pate
- 40g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Extra thyme leaves, to garnish
- 2 x 80g packets mini toasts
The instruction how to make Mushroom pate
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Sprinkle flour and thyme over mushrooms, stirring until well combined.
- Whisk together wine and sour cream. Pour over mushroom mixture, stirring. Cook for 3 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until cold.
- Process mushroom mixture in a food processor until smooth. Spoon into a bowl. Top with thyme. Serve with toasts.
Nutritions of Mushroom patecalories: