The ingredient of Peach julep sorbet
- 6 (1kg) ripe peaches
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 160ml brandy (optional)
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) liquid glucose
The instruction how to make Peach julep sorbet
- For sugar syrup, place sugar, water and liquid glucose in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over high heat until sugar dissolves and mixture boils. Boil for a further 10 seconds, then remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Cut a cross in top of each peach then blanch peaches in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20-30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain. Peel skins. Place skins in a small bowl with lemon juice for 20 minutes or until colour seeps from skins. Remove skins, squeezing juices into bowl, then discard, retaining juice.
- Halve peaches and remove stones. Process peach flesh in a food processor for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add mint, brandy, sugar syrup and colour-infused lemon juice and process for 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Freeze for 6 hours or until frozen. Place the bowl from an electric mixer into the fridge or freezer until chilled. Remove sorbet from freezer then, using a wooden spoon, break sorbet into smaller pieces. Place sorbet in chilled mixing bowl, then use the paddle attachment of your electric mixer to beat for 2 minutes or until smooth. Level surface, then return to freezer for at least 2 hours or until firm. Serve scoops in small bowls.
Nutritions of Peach julep sorbetcalories: