Chargrilled eggplant gives delicious flavour to this smooth chickpea dip.
The ingredient of Eggplant and chickpea dip with lavash crisps
- 2 (about 375g each) eggplant
- 1 x 300g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 6 green shallots, trimmed, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g (3/4 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sheets lavash bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
The instruction how to make Eggplant and chickpea dip with lavash crisps
- Preheat barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Place the whole eggplant on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until they collapse and are tender when tested with a skewer. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Place the chickpeas, green shallots and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Cut the eggplant in half lengthways and scoop the flesh and any juices into the food processor bowl. Process until well combined. Transfer to an airtight container.
- Add 130g (1/2 cup) of the yoghurt and the tahini to the eggplant mixture and stir well. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Place in the fridge until required.
- To make the lavash crisps, preheat a barbecue grill or grill on medium-high. Use a sharp knife to cut each lavash bread into twelve 7cm squares. Brush both sides of each square lightly with oil. Cook in batches on preheated barbecue or under preheated grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until light golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, stir the remaining yoghurt into the dip. Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with the lavash crisps.
Nutritions of Eggplant and chickpea dip with lavash crispscalories: 195.741 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 186.61 milligrams sodium