Save time and effort with this cheats recipe for pork pies. No one needs to know you didnt spend hours in the kitchen.
The ingredient of Simple pork pies
- 500g good-quality pork sausages
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups (340g) plain flour
- 80g unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten, plus 1 egg yolk to glaze
- Tomato chutney or sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Simple pork pies
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Grease a 6-hole muffin pan.
- Squeeze the sausage meat out of the casings into a bowl. Add the apple, parsley and nutmeg, then season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Sift flour into a bowl, add 1 teaspoon salt, and make a well in centre.
- Melt the butter with 100ml water in a pan over low heat, then add to the flour and stir to combine.
- Add the beaten egg and use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a smooth ball.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board, then use a 10cm pastry cutter to cut 6 rounds from the dough. Use rounds to line the prepared muffin pan, leaving a slight overhang.
- Divide the sausage mixture among the muffin holes. Bring the remaining pastry together into a ball and re-roll. Use a 7cm cutter to cut 6 lids from the dough. Brush the overhanging pastry in the muffin holes with a little water, sit the lids on the filling, then fold the overhang up around the edges and press in. Roll any excess pastry into long thin strips and use to run around the edge of each pie to form a decorative seal.
- Brush the pies with beaten egg yolk and bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly before removing from the pan. Cool completely before packing. Serve with tomato chutney or sauce.
Nutritions of Simple pork piescalories: