The strong flavour of sun-dried tomatoes are the perfect accompaniment to these cheesy arancini.
The ingredient of Parmesan arancini with semi-dried tomato dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 440g (2 cups) arborio rice
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 40g (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 55g (1/3 cup) toasted pine nuts (Ducks brand)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60g (2/3 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, halved, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 340g jar semi-dried tomatoes (Always Fresh brand), drained
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
The instruction how to make Parmesan arancini with semi-dried tomato dip
- To make semi-dried tomato dip, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add tomatoes, water and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through and mixture thickens. Place tomato mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until almost smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil and half the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add rice and stir to coat. Add the wine and half the stock, and bring to the boil. Cook, uncovered, until the liquid is absorbed. Reduce heat to low and add remaining stock. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining butter, parmesan, basil and pine nuts. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Add egg to the rice mixture and stir until just combined. Use wet hands to roll tablespoonsful of rice mixture into balls. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Roll rice balls in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Add enough oil to a large saucepan to reach a depth of 6cm. Heat to 180u00b0C over medium-high heat (when oil is ready, a cube of bread will turn golden brown in 15 seconds). Deep-fry rice balls, 5 at a time, for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 7 more batches, with remaining rice balls, reheating oil between batches.
- Arrange arancini on a platter and serve with dip.
Nutritions of Parmesan arancini with semi-dried tomato dipcalories: