Whether youre a buff or a beginner, a wine-tasting event is a corker of a party idea. Here are some delicious bites for during and after the tasting.
The ingredient of Lamb shank filo rolls with yoghurt dipping sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large lamb shanks
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- 260g (1 cup) low-fat natural Greek-style yoghurt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
The instruction how to make Lamb shank filo rolls with yoghurt dipping sauce
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb shanks and cook, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the cumin, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Stir to coat.
- Add tomato and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add the lamb. Cover and simmer for 3 hours or until tender. Transfer the lamb to a plate. Increase heat to high. Boil for 25 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Shred the lamb and discard the bones. Place the lamb in a bowl. Stir in enough sauce to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the filo sheets on a clean work surface. Cover with a dry tea towel, then a damp tea towel (this prevents the filo from drying out). Spray 1 filo sheet with oil and fold in half crossways. Cut in half crossways and spray with oil. Place 1 tablespoon of the lamb mixture along 1 side of each piece of filo, leaving a 2cm border at each end. Fold in the ends and roll up to enclose. Repeat with remaining filo sheets and lamb mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the rolls on the prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, to make the dipping sauce, combine the yoghurt, water and mint in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritions of Lamb shank filo rolls with yoghurt dipping saucecalories: 58.555 calories
calories: 1.5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 6.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams protein