Impress your friends with a twist on a retro-classic and try our extra-cheesy fondue cob dip.
The ingredient of Cheesy fondue cob dip recipe
- 1 cob loaf
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 400g Jarlsberg cheese, rind removed, grated
- 150g gruyere cheese, rind removed, grated
- 2 1/2 cups grated pizza cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/3 cup kirsch
- Halved radishes, to serve
- Halved baby (Dutch) carrots, to serve
- Pink lady apple wedges, to serve
- Cocktail onions, to serve
- Cornichons, to serve
- Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Cheesy fondue cob dip recipe
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut 4cm off top of cob. Leaving a 1cm crust, remove soft bread from centre of cob. Place cob on prepared tray. Tear soft bread and cob top into large pieces. Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with melted butter. Toss to coat. Arrange bread pieces around cob on tray. Bake, turning torn bread halfway through, for 12 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, place garlic and wine in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add cheeses. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until melted.
- Meanwhile, place cornflour in a small bowl. Gradually add kirsch, stirring until smooth. Whisk corn our mixture into cheese mixture. Increase heat to high. Bring to a simmer, whisking. Cook, whisking often, for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens and is well combined.
- Working quickly, place cob on a serving board. Pour cheese mixture into cob. Arrange bread pieces, radish, carrot, apple, onions and cornichons around cob. Sprinkle with dill. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Cheesy fondue cob dip recipecalories: 614.469 calories
calories: 35.6 grams fat
calories: 21.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 29 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33.9 grams protein
calories: 90 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 789 milligrams sodium