These canapes are a stylish finger food for any special occasion.
The ingredient of Gravlax, fennel and horseradish canapes
- 1 medium (400g) fennel bulb, ends trimmed, halved, thinly sliced crossways
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 120ml containers horseradish cream
- 2 x 60g pkts cocktail cups
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill, sprigs picked, coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons whole white peppercorns, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 500g salmon fillet, skin on, bones removed, halved lengthways
The instruction how to make Gravlax, fennel and horseradish canapes
- To make the gravlax, combine the dill, peppercorns, sea salt and sugar in a bowl. Place half the salmon, skin-side down, in a glass dish. Sprinkle with dill mixture and top with remaining salmon fillet, skin-side up. Cover with plastic wrap, then a layer of baking paper. Place a tray on top of salmon and press down with weights, such as cans. Place in the fridge, turning after 12 hours, for 24 hours to cure.
- Starting at the tail end, use a filleting knife to slice salmon across the grain into paper-thin slices. Place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- Place fennel, capers, oil and lemon juice in a glass bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours to develop the flavours.
- Spoon the horseradish cream among cocktail cups. Arrange on a large serving platter. Top with gravlax and fennel mixture, and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Gravlax, fennel and horseradish canapescalories: