Celery plays a subtle role in many dishes, but at this time of year it deserves to be the star. Cut into cruditÃ©s, toss the pale leaves into salads or whip up this delicious summer soup.
The ingredient of Chilled celery soup with prawns
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil
- 4 celery sticks, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, pale section only, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) low-fat milk
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 12 cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Chilled celery soup with prawns
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook the celery and leek, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the leek is soft. Add the potato, stock, milk, cayenne pepper and half the tarragon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the potato is soft. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large jug. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until well chilled.
- Divide among serving bowls. Top with the prawn and remaining tarragon.
Nutritions of Chilled celery soup with prawnscalories: 203.15 calories
calories: 2.5 grams fat
calories: 0.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 23 grams carbohydrates
calories: 22 grams protein